What’s New in the March Bus Book?Posted January 23rd, 2020
Foothill Transit has new and improved schedules starting March 1.
The latest issue of the Foothill Transit Bus Book is effective March 1st. We worked hard collecting your feedback, observing our service, and making schedule adjustments and updates to improve your commute. Here’s a glimpse at the changes.
Commuter Express Changes – These changes to our Commuter Express service aim to improve efficiency and your commute to downtown Los Angeles:
- NEW Line 490 — We’ve got new service for the Grand Ave Park & Ride* and Covina Transit Center. *select trips only
- Line 493 — Line 493 will now start morning trips and end evening trips at Colima Rd and Fairway.
- Line 495 — There’s more service on the morning and afternoon commutes for Line 495 — a lot more, with buses arriving about every 10 minutes.
- Line 497 / Industry City Hall Park & Ride — Line 497 service ends as of March 1st. Customers may use the Industry Park & Ride to ride Line 495 or ride Line 699 from the Fairplex Park & Ride. Customers that boarded at Industry City Hall Park & Ride can ride Line 498.
- Line 498 — Line 498 service no longer includes the Grand Ave Park & Ride or Grand Ave and Arrow Hwy. Instead, Line 498 makes stops at Industry City Hall Park & Ride and West Covina City Hall Park & Ride at Sunset before traveling to downtown Los Angeles.
Covina Transit Center — Our new state-of-the-art Transit Center in Covina has ample parking and safety amenities to stash your ride. Plus, the new facility is designed to be a net-zero energy building. This means that the amount of energy used here is roughly equal to the amount of renewable energy created on site. Pretty neat, right? Catch Line 281 or the new Line 490 from the new Transit Center.
You can pick a Bus Book up on board our buses for free, while supplies last, starting in the end of February. After that, they’re available at our Transit Stores for $1. Or, you can download the E-Bus Book — it’s totally customizable and always FREE. Simply select the lines and information you need and it’ll download right to your desktop or phone! The updated schedules are available starting in the end of February.