At Foothill Transit, we embrace sustainability because it benefits all aspects of our business, while also helping our communities by protecting the environment through measured and responsible stewardship of resources. We believe in sustainable transportation so much, in fact, that we are committed to operating a 100% electric bus fleet by the year 2030.
Foothill Transit’s Environmental Policy
The mission of Foothill Transit is to be the premier public transit provider committed to safety, courtesy, quality, responsiveness, efficiency and innovation. Protecting the environment is an important part of that mission.
This Foothill Transit Environmental Policy serves as a written communication of our intent to implement sustainable, innovative solutions that measure and improve our environmental performance through a formal Environmental and Sustainability Management System (ESMS).
Through this policy, Foothill Transit commits to:
- Environmental protection and sustainability in the planning stages of new programs and construction, and in all work conducted at Foothill Transit.
- Compliance with applicable local, state and federal regulations and policies, supported by regularly scheduled internal reviews.
- Minimization of significant environmental impacts identified in the ESMS by establishing environmental and sustainability objectives, targets and programs.
- Evaluation of the effectiveness of Foothill Transit’s environmental performance through the periodic review of Foothill Transit’s ESMS to ensure that established objectives, targets and programs are met.
- Providing necessary education and tools to all Foothill Transit staff and those working on Foothill Transit’s behalf in order to successfully carry out this policy in their daily responsibilities and work functions.
- Striving for continued overall improvements in environmental consciousness and prevention of pollution.
The Foothill Transit Environmental Policy is communicated annually to all Foothill Transit team members and those working on Foothill Transit’s behalf, including all contractors and vendors, and is made available to the public via Foothill Transit’s website. In order to fulfill the commitments made in this policy, all Foothill Transit team members and those working on Foothill Transit’s behalf are responsible for incorporating this policy into their plans and work.