IT SpecialistPosted May 31st, 2018
The IT Specialist reports to the Director of Information Technology and requires the setup, configuration, and support of internal and/or external networks.
Foothill Transit, the primary fixed-route transit provider in eastern Los Angeles County, California is seeking a highly qualified individual for the position of IT Specialist. Foothill Transit’s mission is to be the premier public transit provider committed to safety, courtesy, quality, responsiveness, efficiency, and innovation. We are an award-winning bus system with a fleet of over 350 vehicles and ridership exceeding 14 million annually.
This position reports to the Director of Information Technology and requires the setup, configuration, and support of internal and/or external networks. The IT Specialist will act as tier two support for escalated issues relating to desktop systems, enterprise applications, and IT infrastructure, and will interact with users at all levels of the organization in solving issues, while delivering IT services in a friendly and professional manner.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop, maintain, document, and support all enterprise systems, applications, security, and network configurations;
- Troubleshoot network performance issues, creates and maintains (including functional testing of) a disaster recovery plan;
- Execute comprehensive knowledge and working experience of PC hardware, infrastructure systems, and related peripherals in a fast-paced, networked environment;
- Evaluate and recommend upgrades, patches, new applications and equipment including testing and timely deployment;
- Provide oversight of support staff and technical support and guidance to users;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Understand cybersecurity applications through access controls and firewall configurations;
- Possess excellent analytical, design, organizational, problem solving, documentation, and time management skills;
- Possess outstanding interpersonal, oral/written communication, project management, teamwork, change management, and quality management skills;
- Show initiative and be self-motivated;
- Perform well in a fast-paced networked environment;
- Demonstrate knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the Information Technology discipline;
- Be able to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations;
- Be able to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals;
- Be able to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public;
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of Cisco IOS, Windows Server 2012R2 and above, WIN 7/10 pro, AD, DNS, DHCP, WatchGuard UTM, Meraki AP;
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of routing and switching protocols, VOIP, SIP, VLAN, VPN, MPLS, Cisco IOS;
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of SAN technologies, Backup, IT security, and Remote Access;
- Have strong experience in Systems, firewalls ACL and content filtering;
- Have extensive experience in LAN/WAN administration, Network Security and data disaster recovery methods.
Occasional after hours or weekend work may be required, as well as other duties as assigned. The IT Specialist is on call 24/7 throughout the year. The selection process includes a pre-employment physical examination including a drug test contingent upon offer of employment.
Education/Certification and/or Experience:
- Required: B.S. degree or equivalent from accredited college in related coursework
- Desired:One of the following or equivalent knowledge: CCNA, MCSE, Security+
- Five or more years of IT experience dealing with dynamic technologies
If you are interested in this challenging opportunity, please download the Foothill Transit application, and send application, resume, and current DMV H-6 print-out to:
100 South Vincent Ave., Suite 200
West Covina, CA 91790
This position is open until filled. Please submit your resume promptly for full consideration, EOE. M/F/V/D
FLSA Exempt: Yes
Salary Range: Grade 6 $61,827 – 99,452 *
*Foothill Transit reserves the right to make a salary offer at any value within the rage; however, most offers will be in the first 50% of the overall range.