IT Security AnalystPosted June 24th, 2019
The IT Security Analyst reports to the Director of Information Technology and will assist in the planning, implementation and monitoring of security measures for the protection of computer networks and information as well as ensuring appropriate security controls are in place that will safeguard digital files and vital electronic infrastructure from cyber threats.
Foothill Transit, the primary fixed-route transit provider in eastern Los Angeles County, California, is seeking a highly qualified individual for the position of IT Security Analyst. Foothill Transit’s mission is to be the premier public transit provider committed to safety, courtesy, quality, responsiveness, efficiency, and innovation. We are an award-winning bus system with a fleet of over 350 vehicles and ridership exceeding 14 million passengers annually.
This position reports to the Director of Information Technology and will assist in the planning, implementation and monitoring of security measures for the protection of computer networks and information as well as ensuring appropriate security controls are in place that will safeguard digital files and vital electronic infrastructure from cyber threats.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Monitor computer networks for security issues
- Investigate security breaches and other cyber security incidents
- Develop scopes of work cyber security checks for all technology procurements
- Install security measures and operate software to protect systems and information infrastructure, including firewalls and data encryption programs
- Document security breaches and assess the damage they cause
- Perform security audits of off-the-shelf and custom applications and infrastructure.
- Perform tests and uncover network vulnerabilities
- Fix detected vulnerabilities to maintain a high-security standard
- Stay current of industry best practices in risk management techniques and integrate new methods and tools as appropriate
- Assist in development of company-wide best practices for IT security
- Perform penetration testing
- Monitor vendors and third-party security reports/lists in assisting staff in proactively applying security patches
- Help colleagues install security software and understand information security management
- Research security enhancements and make recommendations to management
- Identifies methods to enhance existing security services
- Develop and implement long term security management solutions
- Develop and prepare effective documentation covering system security, policies, and procedures
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience with computer network penetration testing and techniques
- Hands on experience with various network security services including Cisco, VPN, Public Key Infrastructure, and penetration tools
- Understanding of firewalls, proxies, SIEM, antivirus, SCCM and IDPS concepts
- Ability to identify and mitigate network vulnerabilities and explain how to avoid them
- Understanding of patch management with the ability to deploy patches in a timely manner while understanding business impact
- Possess excellent analytical, design, organizational, problem solving, documentation, and time management skills
- Work in a multi-disciplinary team
- Adapt to technological advancements within the industry
- Show initiative and be self-motivated
- Perform well in a fast-paced networked environment.
Occasional after hours or weekend work may be required, as well as other duties as assigned. The IT Security Analyst is on call 24/7 throughout the year. The selection process includes a pre-employment physical examination including a drug test contingent upon offer of employment.
Education/Certification and/or Experience:
- Required: Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- MBA in information systems is desirable
- Five years related experience in information security or related field
If you are interested in this challenging opportunity, please download the Foothill Transit application, and send application, and resume to:
100 South Vincent Ave., Suite 200
West Covina, CA 91790
This position is open until filled. Please submit your resume promptly for full consideration, EOE. M/F/V/D
FLSA Exempt: Yes
Salary Range: Grade 6 $63,682 – $102,528 *
*Foothill Transit reserves the right to make a salary offer at any value within the rage; however, most offers will be in the first 50% of the overall range.