The TAP (Transit Access Pass) card is a reusable, reloadable electronic card that can hold all your Foothill Transit passes and cash fares at once – making boarding the bus a breeze!
Pay with TAP and get more.
Choose TAP over cash for your ride.
It’s safe and convenient.
- It’s faster. No fumbling for change or memorizing fares.
- Increased travel options. Load Stored Value (money) on your TAP card and travel on 24 transit systems across LA County.
- Balance protection. Protects your card balance against loss or theft when registered.
TAP cards, passes, and Stored Value are available:
- At all of our Transit Stores
- Online at taptogo.net
- By phone at 866.TAPTOGO
- At over 400 vendor locations
- At TAP vending machines
HOW TO TAP
- Buy a TAP card for just $2 at any Foothill Transit Store, taptogo.net, or any of the following locations.
- Load up your card with a pass or cash amount at a Foothill Transit Store, taptogo.net or 866.TAPTOGO (827.8646). Your fare will take at least 48 hours to show up on your TAP card, so plan ahead.
- Tap your card against the round TAP logo on the farebox when you first board your bus. If you need a transfer, let the bus operator know – once the transfer is entered, you will be asked to tap your card again.
- Wait for the beep. This indicates your fare has been deducted from your card.
- Go find your seat and settle in.
Where is my TAP card accepted?
Lots of LA County transit providers accept TAP cards, including Foothill Transit, Los Angeles Metro, LADOT, Pasadena ARTS, Santa Clarita Transit, Montebello Bus Lines, Culver CityBus and more. For some services, like Metro Rail, a TAP card is the only way to pay your fare. See the full list of current TAP partners at taptogo.net.
What if I don’t tap my card on the TAP target?
Please make sure you do – bus drivers can issue citations for anyone who fails to tap or pay cash at the farebox.
How long will my TAP card last?
Each TAP card is designed to last 3 years before needing a replacement.
How should I care for my TAP card?
Treat your TAP card just like you would a debit card or state ID. Register your card for Balance Protection at taptogo.net or 866.TAPTOGO (827.8646), and you’ll be able to recover your pass or cash balance if your card is ever lost or stolen.
Can my card demagnetize in my wallet if it is next to my credit cards?
Your TAP card is designed just like your other credit cards, so treat it with care and it is not likely to have a problem with demagnetizing.
Does my TAP card need an EZ transit pass sticker?
Starting September 1, 2015, EZ transit passes will no longer need an affixed sticker on the front side of the TAP card. Now that all EZ transit pass agencies are on TAP, EZ transit pass stickers are no longer necessary. EZ transit passes will be electronically loaded onto your TAP card. Please be sure to tap your card once you board the bus. EZ transit passes will continue to be accepted as a valid fare on Foothill Transit and all EZ transit pass partner agencies.