Creative Content DesignerPosted May 31st, 2018
The Creative Content Designer reports to the Director of Marketing and Communications and supports the objectives of the Marketing and Communications Department and the public outreach plans of Foothill Transit.
Foothill Transit, the primary fixed-route transit provider in eastern Los Angeles County, California is seeking a highly qualified individual for the position of Creative Content Designer. Foothill Transit’s mission is to be the premier public transit provider committed to safety, courtesy, quality, responsiveness, efficiency and innovation. We are an award-winning bus system with a fleet of over 350 vehicles and ridership exceeding 14 million annually.
This position reports to the Director of Marketing and Communications and supports the objectives of the Marketing and Communications Department and the public outreach plans of Foothill Transit. The incumbent in this position will assess marketing opportunities and craft clear and compelling copy, design brand-focused graphics, and manage the production of marketing collateral to support Foothill Transit’s marketing and communications programs.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Plan and craft traditional marketing collateral including but not limited to: the monthly Footnotes newsletter; creation, printing, and distribution of interior cards, rider alerts, take-ones and other advertising and marketing materials; signage for special events, detours, and general customer information. Must see projects from concept to delivery and distribution;
- Write and edit clear, engaging and persuasive headlines, long form articles, blog posts, and service descriptions for both print and digital collateral;
- Shoot and edit video and motion graphics. Assist with grading and recording audio;
- Develop compelling copy that differentiates the Foothill Transit brand and stays true to the Foothill Transit voice;
- Ensure copy is right for our customers and helps to aggressively drive key initiatives. Assist in developing and guiding creative ideas based on input from team members and personal research;
- Coordinate communications distribution to front-line customer service representatives, community outreach participants, and operations yards in a timely and comprehensive manner;
- Contribute to the alignment of customer experiences across campaigns, projects, programs, service and channels;
- Maintain and create marketing graphic files, including photography, logos, and artwork. Improve and enforce marketing graphic standards and styles for consistency, quality, and brand assurance purposes;
- Work effectively in a team setting and deal with a wide range of people to implement projects across many departments and managerial levels;
- Complete all assigned work on deadline with focus and flexibility;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills with a strong desire to encourage collaboration and respect;
- Must be fluent in After Effects, Premiere, Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator;
- Ability to present concepts effectively with technical and non-technical staff of all backgrounds;
- Ability to work under pressure, to be flexible, and meet aggressive deadlines with minimal supervision;
- Must be a critical thinker, with good organization and accuracy, with the ability to respectfully deliver a point-of-view about the work;
- Must be able to effectively present work and take feedback from team members;
- Must have strong design and conceptual skills;
- An interest in public transportation and urban planning desired but not required.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or 5 years work experience in marketing, advertising, copywriting, and digital design;
- Ability to work on a Mac or PC;
- Must have research experience, an eye for detail, and be self-motivated;
- Must be willing to grow and expand your skillset.
The individual selected for this position must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
If you are interested in this challenging opportunity, please download the Foothill Transit application, and send application, portfolio, reel, three writing samples, cover letter, resume, along with a current DMV H-6 print out to:
100 S. Vincent Ave., #200
West Covina, CA 91790
This position is open until filled. Please submit your resume promptly for full consideration. EOE. M/F/V/D
FLSA Exempt: No
Salary Range: Grade 6 $61,827 – 99,542 *
*Foothill Transit reserves the right to make a salary offer at any value within the range; however, most offers will be in the first 50% of the overall range.