Commuter Express Changes – Coming March 1!Posted January 15th, 2020
Our March service update includes Commuter Express changes.
We are making some changes to our Commuter Express Lines to create a more efficient and effective commute to downtown Los Angeles. Take a look below to see what’s coming around the corner.
How sweet it is in the SGV — we’re launching a new Commuter Express line in Covina!
Introducing a new way to downtown LA. The new Line 490 will serve the Grand Ave Park & Ride*, the brand new Covina Transit Center, and the following stops before going to downtown. (Maps and schedules and information about the new Covina Transit Center are on the Line 490 page.)
- Base Line Rd and Grand Ave
- Grand Ave Dawson Ave
- Grand Ave and Gladstone St
- Grand Ave and Arrow Hwy
*select trips only in AM and all PM trips will end in Glendora.
Map and service changes
We’re adjusting some of our Commuter Express routes to provide more efficient connectivity around the SGV.
- Line 493 will now begin at Colima Rd and Fairway Dr; click here to see the new map and schedules.
- Line 495 will have increased service beginning March 1st. We are adding four additional trips for the morning commute and four additional trips in the afternoon commute. Buses will arrive now about every 10 minutes. Click here to see the schedules.
- Line 497 will discontinue service on March 1, 2020. Customers looking for alternatives into downtown Los Angeles for their commute are encouraged to use the Fairplex Park and Ride (10 Freeway off-ramp and Gillette Rd) and ride Line 699 or the Industry Park and Ride (500 S. Brea Canyon Road) and ride Line 495. Both have ample parking and service capacity for your safety and comfort. Also, customers that board at the Industry City Hall Park & Ride will be served by Line 498. See below for more information and a link to the map and schedules.
- Line 498 will change its route and start at the Industry City Hall Park & Ride, serve the West Covina City Hall Park & Ride, and then make its way downtown. Click here to see the new map and schedules. The Grand Ave Park & Ride and stops on Grand will now be served by Line 490.