Fare and Service Changes Coming SoonPosted July 31st, 2017
Foothill Transit is making comprehensive changes to our fares and service on October 22, 2017.
We’re updating our fares and making major service changes.
Here are the key points of our fare update.
- Our fare will not change in most cases for customers paying with a TAP card.
- We’ve lowered the price on the adult 31-day pass.
- We have a new Day Pass!
- There are now no transfers between Foothill Transit buses. We still provide transfers to and from other agencies.
Keep in mind that there will be further changes in September 2019, that will include additional fare increases.
New Fare Chart – Starts October 22, 2017
|Fare||Pay with||Before 10/22/17||After 10/22/17||Change|
Ages 5 and under, up to two kids with each paying adult
|Discount Silver Streak||Cash||$1.15||$1.25||+$0.10|
|Discount Silver Streak||Cash||$2.45||$2.75||+$0.30|
New Passes – Starting October 22, 2017
|Pass||Before 10/22/17||After 10/22/17||Change|
|NEW Day Pass
Allows you unlimited travel on local lines and the Silver Streak until 3 a.m. the day after it is first tapped on the farebox.
Allows you unlimited travel on local lines for a 31-Day period beginning on the day it is first tapped on the farebox.
|31-Day, Local, Senior/Disabled/Medicare||$22||$25||+$3|
|31-Day, Local, Student||$33||$36||+$3|
|31-Day, Silver Streak
Allows you unlimited travel on local lines and the Silver Streak for a 31-Day period beginning on the day it is first tapped on the farebox.
|31-Day, Silver Streak, Senior/Disabled/Medicare||$52||$52||No change|
|31-Day, Silver Streak, Student||$52||$75||+$23|
|Commuter Express||$170||$170||No change|
Here are the key points of our service changes.
These service changes will happen on October 22nd, 2017.
- We’ll split Line 187 in Azusa to form two new lines (Line 187 and 188).
- Line 291 will add northbound service along Baseline Rd between Towne Ave and Fruit St.
- Line 292 will now provide all day service and serve parts of Line 855 in Claremont.
- Line 480 will add service to Mt. SAC.
- Line 481 will be cancelled.
- Line 494 will be cancelled.
- Line 495 will start and end service at the Industry Park & Ride.
- Line 690 now serve the Citrus College/Azusa Pacific University Gold Line Station instead of the Azusa Intermodal Transit Center.
- Line 851 will reduce in frequency.
- Line 855 will be cancelled. Parts of the line will be served by Line 292 instead.
Please note that we’ll also make additional smaller adjustments throughout the system as part of our service change. Make sure you review the lines you ride when we publish the information in our new Bus Book.
The line splits in Azusa to create two lines, Lines 187 (western half) and 188 (eastern half).
New northbound service along Baseline Rd between Towne Ave and Fruit St.
New service to Mt. SAC and increased frequency.
This line is cancelled.
Service begins and ends at Industry Park & Ride.
This line is cancelled.
New service to the Citrus College/Azusa Pacific University Gold Line Station instead of the Azusa Intermodal Transit Center.