Accounting ClerkPosted March 30th, 2017
The Accounting Clerk is an entry level position and reports to the Controller and process Accounts Payable payments, post POS transit stores activities and maintain A/P reports.
Foothill Transit, the primary fixed-route transit provider in eastern Los Angeles County, California is seeking a highly qualified individual for the position of Accounting Clerk. Foothill Transit’s mission is to be the premier public transit provider committed to safety, courtesy, quality, responsiveness, efficiency, and innovation. We are an award-winning bus system with a fleet of over 370 vehicles and ridership exceeding 14 million annually.
This position is an entry level position and reports to the Controller and process Accounts Payable payments, post POS transit stores activities and maintain A/P reports. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Process POs, vendor invoices and record in Microsoft Navigator accounting software
- Ensure correct coding of expenses and capital project invoices
- Coordinate with project managers and department directors approval of POs and invoices
- Ensure timely payments of vendor accounts to maintain good credit standing
- Handle AP internal and external inquiries such as: schedule of payment and proper coding of expenses
- Reconcile Credit card purchases and Metrolink invoices and credit memos
- Prepare quarterly Used Tax return on out of state purchases
- Help in electronic achieving records and compliance with retention policy
- Assist in cash fares audit in transit facilities
- Handle petty cash replenishment and proper documentation
- Process Point of Sale transactions for transit stores
- Assist in random audits for transit stores sales activities
- Ensure mathematical accuracy and proper documentation of NTD sampling reports
- Coordinate department purchases and place orders
- Maintain insurances log to include expiration dates and coverage
- Other duties as assigned
- Knowledge of general office equipment, Microsoft Office software, including Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Type 35 words per minute
- Related accounts payable processing, vendor reports reconciliation and financial experience
The individual selected for this position must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
If you are interested in this challenging opportunity, please download the Foothill Transit application and send application, resume, salary history to:
100 S. Vincent Ave., #200
West Covina, CA 91790
This position is open until filled. Please submit your resume promptly for full consideration. EOE. M/F/V/D
Salary Range: Grade 4 $37,759 – $57,687
*Foothill Transit reserves the right to make a salary offer at any value within the range; however, most offers will be in the first 50% of the overall range.