Transit PlannerPosted September 10th, 2019
The Transit Planner reports to the Director of Planning and supports the objectives of the Planning Department.
Foothill Transit, the primary fixed-route transit provider in eastern Los Angeles County, California is seeking highly qualified individuals for the position of Transit Planner. Foothill Transit’s mission is to be the premier public transit provider committed to safety, courtesy, quality, responsiveness, efficiency, and innovation. We are an award-winning bus system with a fleet of over 300 vehicles and ridership exceeding 14 million annually.
This position reports to the Director of Planning and supports the objectives of the Planning Department. This position will collect data and conduct analysis on service and ridership performance; assist in planning service; and perform duties related to Foothill Transit’s Title VI program development and compliance. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Participate in the monitoring and reporting on performance of individual Foothill Transit lines and overall system performance
- Compile, confirm and respond to data information requests from various Foothill Transit departments and other agencies
- Monitor, track and document compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Environmental Justice, Limited English Proficiency (LEP) requirements to ensure compliance with federal regulations
- Perform audits and prepare comprehensive reports on compliance
- Conduct outreach and consultation with community organizations to gather information toward Title VI Compliance
- Prepare, coordinate and conduct surveys to identify opportunities for enhancing Title VI programs
- Assist in the development and analysis of Foothill Transit’s Key Performance Indicators
- Assist in the preparation of service change and schedule production
- Coordinate with member cities and neighboring transit providers on various transportation topics
- Attend public meetings and coordinate with member cities, school districts, and neighboring transit providers Foothill Transit service
- Participate in community outreach and agency activities
- Manage Bus Stop Inventory Database
- Manage ADA compliance program for bus stops
- Other duties as assigned
- Knowledge of the physical and social aspects of transportation planning
- Knowledge of basic statistical methods and techniques
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and duties in a growing, fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral and written forms
- Knowledge of Windows, PowerPoint, Microsoft Word and Excel
- Working knowledge of Giro Hastus scheduling software and ESRI ArcView GIS is desired
- Demonstrated experience in preparing and making professional presentations
- Demonstrated experience in transit operations and or transit planning
Education and/or Experience:
The minimum education, training, and experience qualifications include a bachelor’s degree with major course work in urban, regional, or transportation planning, geography, public/business administration, or a related field, and one to three years of recent experience in the field of regional planning, preferably with an emphasis in regional transit planning or transit operations planning. An advanced degree is highly desirable.
The individual selected for this position must be able to perform essential duties satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
If you are interested in this challenging opportunity, please download the Foothill Transit application and send application and resume:
100 S. Vincent Ave., #200
West Covina, CA 91790
This position is open until filled. Please submit your resume promptly for full consideration. EOE. M/F/V/D
Salary Range: Grade 6 $63,682 to 102,528*
*Foothill Transit reserves the right to make a salary offer at any value within the range; however, most offers will be in the first 50% of the overall range.