Transfers made easier with TAP.Posted June 8th, 2018
Transfers between TAP-participating agencies will require a TAP card beginning Sunday, July 15th.
Use Stored Value on your TAP card to transfer with ease between 24 TAP-participating transit agencies. Pay with TAP when you board, then tap again when you transfer to another agency. Your transfer fare will be deducted automatically from your Stored Value. It’s that easy!
Here is what you need know:
- You must have a TAP card loaded with Stored Value to transfer between transit agencies.
- Transfers will be extended to 2.5 hours.
- Your transfer fares will be calculated automatically, including upcharges.
- You can use a pass or Stored Value to pay the fare on the first ride.
- You will have to pay full-fare on both transit agencies if you don’t have a TAP card or if you board the second bus or train more than 2.5 hours after your first boarding.
Visit taptogo.net/transfersontap for more information.
Make sure to get your TAP card today! You can purchase and reload a TAP card at our Transit Stores, TAP vendors throughout the San Gabriel and Pomona Valleys, TAP vending machines at select Metro Rail stations, online at taptogo.net, or by calling 1-866-TAP TO GO (827-8646).
FREE TAP CARDS
We are travelling across the San Gabriel and Pomona valleys to give away FREE TAP cards* to help get you started. If you don’t have a card yet or want more information, find us at the following locations:
EASTLAND TRANSIT CENTER (COVINA)
Tuesday, June 12th from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
BREA MALL BUS STOP
Thursday, June 14th from 10 a.m. to noon
SANTA ANITA MALL BUS STOP
Tuesday, June 19th from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
MONTCLAIR TRANSIT CENTER
Wednesday, June 20th from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m.
EL MONTE STATION
Tuesday, June 26th from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m.
HUNTINGTON DR. & MOUNTAIN VISTA PLAZA (DUARTE)
Friday, June 29th from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
There may be additional stops on our TAP tour. Follow us on our social media accounts or check back here for updates.
*While supplies last; TAP cards will not have any value on the card.
Here are the other 23 TAP agencies:
- Antelope Valley Transit Authority
- Baldwin Park Transit
- Beach Cities Transit
- Burbank Bus
- Carson Circuit
- City of Monterey Park Spirit Bus
- Compton Renaissance Transit Systems
- Culver CityBus
- Glendale Beeline
- GTrans (Gardena)
- Huntington Park Transit Unlimited
- LA County Department of Public Works
- LADOT Transit
- Long Beach Transit
- Los Angeles World Airports
- Montebello Bus Lines
- Norwalk Transit System
- Palos Verdes Peninsula Transit Authority
- Pasadena Transit
- Santa Clarita Transit
- Santa Monica Big Blue Bus
- Torrance Transit
Note: this change will not affect transfers to OCTA or Omnitrans.