Safety Compliance CoordinatorPosted January 31st, 2018
The Safety Compliance Coordinator reports to the Director of Customer Service and Operations leading the organization’s system safety and security efforts and ensuring contractor compliance with the Federal Transit Administration’s safety requirements.
Foothill Transit, the primary fixed-route transit provider in Eastern Los Angeles County, California, is seeking a highly qualified individual for the position of Safety Compliance Coordinator. Foothill Transit’s mission is to be the premier public transit provider committed to safety, courtesy, quality, responsiveness, efficiency and innovation. We are an award winning bus system with a fleet of over 300 vehicles and ridership exceeding 14 million passengers, annually.
This position reports to the Director of Customer Service and Operations leading the organization’s system safety and security efforts and ensuring contractor compliance with the Federal Transit Administration’s safety requirements.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Working with assigned members of the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department and other public safety and emergency management agencies;
- Federal and State Homeland Security grant program management;
- Managing and performing updates as needed to Foothill Transit’s Emergency Management Plan;
- Managing National Transit Database Safety and Security reporting and monitoring;
- Overseeing Contractors’ DOT Drug and Alcohol Testing Management Information System Reporting;
- Developing Administrative Safety Programs and Manuals;
- Preparing and presenting both written and oral reports;
- Managing FTA Substance Abuse management program;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing;
- Comprehend and apply policies and procedures;
- Knowledge of transit safety and security operations, rules, and regulations;
- Proficient in using personal computer systems with Microsoft Office business software applications (e.g. Word, Excel);
- Strong analytical and organizational skills;
- Keen attention to detail;
- Ability to learn quickly;
- Must have excellent customer service skills.
- Possession of a valid California driver’s license
- NIMS and ICS Certifications
The individual selected for this position must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Three years’ experience
- Master’s degree and related experience
- Relevant training in public safety and/or security
Salary Range: Grade 6 $52,936 – $87,505
FSLA Exempt: Yes
Please submit a completed Foothill Transit application with your resume promptly for full consideration to:
100 South Vincent Ave., Suite 200
West Covina, CA 91790
FAX: (626) 931-7357
This position is open until filled.