Quality Assurance InspectorPosted May 31st, 2018
The Quality Assurance Inspector reports to the Operations Contract and Customer Service Manager overseeing the day-to-day transit operations of Foothill Transit while verifying that contractors provide outstanding customer service.
Foothill Transit, the primary fixed-route transit provider in eastern Los Angeles County, California is seeking highly qualified individuals for the position of Quality Assurance Inspector. Foothill Transit’s mission is to be the premier public transit provider committed to safety, courtesy, quality, responsiveness, efficiency and innovation. We are an award-winning bus system with a fleet of over 350 vehicles and ridership exceeding 14 million annually.
This position reports to the Operations Contract and Customer Service Manager overseeing the day-to-day transit operations of Foothill Transit while verifying that contractors provide outstanding customer service. This position also provides support and project management for a wide variety of projects.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Monitor and evaluate real-time AVL/CAD system data to determine contractor service compliance
- Identify and communicate trends and operational issues
- Write comprehensive contractor oversight reports
- Enter and manipulate spreadsheet data
- Assist in the direct operation of Foothill Transit through oversight of Foothill Transit’s operations contracts
- Monitor schedule adherence and on-time performance
- Perform vehicle appearance/functional inspections
- Monitor operator skills and appearance
- Perform operator credential checks
- Assist with special event and special service contracts
- Complete reports and other required paperwork in an accurate and timely manner
- Other duties as assigned
- Intermediate to advanced computer / Windows / Microsoft Office Suite skills
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communications skills
- At least three (3) years transit experience
- Valid California Class C license
- Must be able to work varying shifts and days off
The individual selected for this position must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- College courses or college degree preferred /li>
If you are interested in this challenging opportunity, please download the Foothill Transit application, and send application, resume, and current DMV H-6 print out to:
100 S. Vincent Ave., #200
West Covina, CA 91790
This position is open until filled. Please submit your resume promptly for full consideration. EOE. M/F/V/D
FLSA Exempt: No
Salary Range: Grade 5 $49,000 – 79,980*
*Foothill Transit reserves the right to make a salary offer at any value within the range; however, most offers will be in the first 50% of the overall range.