InternPosted March 14th, 2017
The Intern reports to a Foothill Transit Department Director and will assist in the day-to-day operations of a wide variety of projects, across a number of functional areas.
Foothill Transit, the primary fixed-route transit provider in eastern Los Angeles County, California, is seeking a highly qualified individual for the position of Intern. Foothill Transit’s mission is to be the premier public transit provider committed to safety, courtesy, quality, responsiveness, efficiency, and innovation. We are an award-winning bus system with a fleet of over 300 vehicles and ridership exceeding 14 million annually.
As part of Foothill Transit’s commitment to workforce development, Foothill Transit’s Internship Program was created to allow students to gain valuable skills and knowledge. In addition, the interns will support Foothill Transit achieving its mission. Interns will be paid $15.00 per hour. The number of hours worked per week will be flexible depending upon the student’s schedule.
This position reports to a Foothill Transit Department Director and will assist in the day-to-day operations of a wide variety of projects, across a number of functional areas. This position works closely with multiple departments to provide support and collaboration. Responsibilities include and are not limited to the following:
- Completing tasks and assignments using independent judgment, skill, and personal initiative
- Preparing and presenting analytical and statistical reports
- Preparing correspondence for signature
- Assisting in monitoring contracts and ensuring compliance with Federal and State guidelines and Foothill Transit policies
- Providing assistance and support in the planning, design, development, and implementation of short and long-term projects, including and not limited to college and other local service area ridership initiatives, etc.
- Assisting in various projects that may include and are not limited to: administration, architectural design, CAD, finance, engineering, government relations, graphic design, human resources, marketing, communications, procurement, quality assurance, planning, information technology, safety, customer service, operations, and customer relations
- Providing general administrative staff support and assist in the completion of day-to-day administrative tasks such as answering phones and photocopying
- Other duties as assigned
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software and familiarity with computer/internet research
- Ability to set priorities and organize time to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Operation of office equipment (phones, fax, copy machine, etc.)
- Current enrollment in an accredited community college, four-year college, or university with major coursework in public administration, finance, business administration, political science, planning, transportation, or related field.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or a legal resident and eligible to work in the U.S. as determined by U.S. Immigration Laws and the Department of Homeland Security.
The individuals selected for this position must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you are interested in this challenging opportunity, please download the Foothill Transit application, and send application, resume, salary history, and current DMV H-6 print out to:
100 S. Vincent Ave., #200
West Covina, CA 91790
This position is open until filled. Please submit your resume promptly for full consideration. EOE. M/F/V/D