Help Desk AdministratorPosted December 14th, 2016
The Help Desk Adminstrator reports to the Director of Information Technology and provides advanced level support to end users on a variety of issues including software, hardware, and network problems.
Foothill Transit, the primary fixed-route transit provider in eastern Los Angeles County, California, is seeking a highly qualified individual for the position of Help Desk Administrator. Foothill Transit’s mission is to be the premier public transit provider committed to safety, courtesy, quality, responsiveness, efficiency, and innovation. We are an award-winning bus system with a fleet of over 350 vehicles and ridership exceeding 14 million annually.
This position reports to the Director of Information Technology and provides advanced level support to end users on a variety of issues including software, hardware, and network problems. The Help Desk Administrator must manage all servers and applications implemented throughout the organization. This individual identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems. The person responds to requests for technical support that come in by telephone calls, emails, ticket submissions, and in person requests. The person will document, track and monitor problems to ensure a timely resolution. This individual will have knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the Information Technology field.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Ensures Help Desk Tickets are completed in a timely manner of all break – fix issues
- Supports and maintains company computers, laptops, phones, and Audio/Video equipment
- Manages and troubleshoots the Point of Sale (POS) system at the Foothill Transit Stores
- Quarterly inventory update at all facilities
- Ensures optimal operation of Transit Store people counter system
- Ensures optimal operation of Real Time Passenger Info (RTPI) displays
- Provide first class support and technical assistance to remote users
- Ensures documentation of all proprietary systems status and upgrades
- Ensures operation and support for all printers throughout Foothill Transit properties
- Conducts maintenance and coordination with vendor on Xerox copier for Foothill Transit
- Independently sets up and configures new servers with minimal instruction and supervision
- Creates new source computer images for company computers and laptops. Ensures that they are up to date and thoroughly tested based on industry best practices
- Follows mandatory company policies to ensure the highest levels of network security
- Follows up on existing help desk tickets to insure satisfactory and timely resolution
- Rolls out desktop hardware and software upgrades
- Responsible for E-Waste items and processing
- Ensures that corporate service standards are adhered to, e.g. response time, documentation management, and technical standards
- Assists with purchasing, obtaining quotes and documents purchases according to procurement policy
- Ability to travel to remote locations as needed
- Creates and maintains technical manuals, presentation material and knowledge base articles
- Ensures proper communication is established within the IT department and other departments as needed
- Handles equipment checkout requests
- Supports conference and meeting audiovisual equipment
- Provides support to all end users
- Other duties as assigned
- Proficiency with computer hardware and computer software
- Proficiency with server and application troubleshooting, analysis, critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to learn multiple programs and systems
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with frequent interruptions, occasionally in urgent situations
- Ability to work with external vendors for support and service repair
- Ability to communicate via telephone to provide support and follow through
- Knowledge of computer networking configurations, installation, and maintenance
- Working knowledge of all current versions of Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office applications including but not limited to Windows 7, Office 2010, and Office 2013
- Professional and effective presentation skills
- Candidate must also have excellent communication, interpersonal, troubleshooting and customer service skills.
- The candidate must thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- The candidate must have a proactive approach to organization and problem solving.
- Ability to troubleshoot network issues
- A+ recommended
- MCSE preferred
- Ability to work autonomously and be a self-starter
- Ability to lift and move 40 pound objects
- Valid California driver’s license
The individual selected for this position must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- AA/AS required, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum 3 years of experience working with desktop and HP printer, including and not limited to Windows 7
- Minimum 3 years of application support experience required with Microsoft applications including Office 2010, 2013 and Outlook
If you are interested in this challenging opportunity, please download the Foothill Transit application and send application, resume, salary history, and current DMV H-6 print out to:
100 S. Vincent Ave., #200
West Covina, CA 91790
This position is open until filled. Please submit your resume promptly for full consideration. EOE. M/F/V/D
Salary Range: Grade 6 $51,394 – $84,956*
*Foothill Transit reserves the right to make a salary offer at any value within the range; however, most offers will be in the first 50% of the overall range.