Low-Income Fare is Easy (LIFE) Program
Metro’s Rider Relief Program is now the LIFE (Low-Income Fare is Easy) program. Qualifying riders can save even more on fare with participating transit operators with LIFE benefits.You might be able to save even more when you ride Foothill Transit with Metro’s Low-Income Fare is Easy (LIFE) program. Qualifying customers can save on Foothill Transit 31-Day Local Passes, Metro Passes, and the EZ transit Local Passes.
LIFE Program Discounted Pass Chart
|Foothill Transit Adult Local 31-Day||$26|
|Foothill Transit Senior and Disabled Local 31-Day||$17|
|Foothill Transit K-12 Local 31-Day||$26|
|Foothill Transit College Local 31-Day||$23|
|Metro Adult Local||$76|
|Metro Senior and Disabled Local||$12|
|Metro Student K-12 Local||$14|
|Metro College/Vocational Local||$30|
|EZ transit pass Adult Local||$86|
|EZ transit pass Senior and Disabled Local||$34|
|20 Regional Rides*||$0|
* Rides can be used on participating systems (visit metro.net/life for a list of participating systems). The rides cover the base fare only. Interagency transfers are an additional cost — you must have stored value on your TAP card to transfer to another system.
Visit metro.net/LIFE to see if you might be eligible for the LIFE program. If you’re eligible, you can reach out to an administrator to apply for the LIFE program. You may also call (213) 922-2378 with any questions about the LIFE program.
You will need to have the following items:
- Government-issued photo ID (Driver’s License, Passport, etc.)
- Proof of income (check stub, Medi-Cal, EBT, Social Security award, or tax return.)
- Valid TAP card (this is required to receive the subsidy; if you’re eligible for a senior, disabled, or student discount, you will need to have the appropriate discounted TAP card.)
Note: LIFE discounted passes cannot be loaded to a temporary reduced fare TAP card.
The following transit systems are participants in LIFE:
- Foothill Transit
- Antelope Valley Transit Authority (AVTA)
- Culver City Bus
- G Trans (Gardena)
- Long Beach Transit (LBT)
- Santa Clarita Transit
- Montebello Bus Lines
- Big Blue Bus (Santa Monica)
- Norwalk Transit
- Torrance Transit
- Pasadena Transit