Facilities Engineering Student InternPosted November 12th, 2020
The Facilities Engineering Student Intern reports to the Director of Facilities and Construction Project Manager and will assist in the day-to-day facilities and capital project tasks of a wide variety of projects, across a number of functional areas.
Foothill Transit, the primary fixed-route transit provider in eastern Los Angeles County, California, is seeking a highly qualified individual for the position of Facilities Engineering Student Intern. Foothill Transit’s mission is to be the premier public transit provider committed to safety, courtesy, quality, responsiveness, efficiency, and innovation. We are an award-winning bus system with a fleet of over 300 vehicles and ridership exceeding 12 million annually.
As part of Foothill Transit’s commitment to workforce development, Foothill Transit’s Student Internship Program was created to allow students to gain valuable skills and knowledge. In addition, the interns will support Foothill Transit achieving its mission. Interns will work an average of 20 hours per week and will be paid $15 per hour. This is up to a twelve-month position.
This position reports to the Director of Facilities and Construction Project Manager and will assist in the day-to-day facilities and capital project tasks of a wide variety of projects, across a number of functional areas. This position will work closely with multiple departments to provide support, collaboration, and learn from various aspects of the business. Responsibilities include and are not limited to the following:
- Review construction estimates and take-offs for on-going construction projects;
- Organize and review construction submittals into structured filing system;
- Assist with thorough review of potential change order proposals;
- Organize, prepare and coordinate construction drawings and record drawings;
- Create a CAD/PDF filing system for record drawings;
- Coordinate with development of a handbook for agency’s Facilities Design Best Practices;
- Assist with updating the agency’s Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Other duties as assigned.
- Proficient in 3D CAD
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software and ability to conduct computer/internet research
- Possess understanding of the design process, understand how buildings and facilities are constructed
- Ability to set priorities and organize time to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing priorities
- Ability to work well with others
- Possess strong oral and written communication, and good grammar skills
- Knowledge of Adobe Acrobat Suite skills is a plus
- Current enrollment in an accredited four-year college or university with major coursework in engineering, construction management, or a related field.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or a legal resident and eligible to work in the U.S. as determined by U.S. Immigration Laws and the Department of Homeland Security.
The individuals selected for this position must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you are interested in this challenging opportunity, please download the Foothill Transit application, and send application and resume to:
100 S. Vincent Ave., #200
West Covina, CA 91790
This position is open until filled. Please submit your resume promptly for full consideration. EOE. M/F/V/D