Assistant Finance AnalystPosted June 12th, 2019
The Assistant Finance Analyst reports to the Director of Finance and Treasurer and is responsible for grants development and administration, budget development, quarterly budget and financial reporting, and financial analysis required to support key agency decisions.
This position reports to the Director of Finance and Treasurer and is responsible for grants development and administration, budget development, quarterly budget and financial reporting, and financial analysis required to support key agency decisions.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Coordinate the preparation, implementation, and monitoring of Foothill Transit’s annual operating and capital budget;
- Prepare and coordinate all grant applications;
- Coordinate the correct reporting of financial reports between the budget and accounting systems;
- Analyze trends in critical cost drivers that ensure financial sustainability;
- Prepare comparative studies with other transit operators as required to ensure financial best practices;
- Coordinate annual capital call;
- Update fleet plan annually;
- Prepare quarterly reporting of capital expenditures and revenue;
- Maintain grant funding balances (grant funds available for new projects not previously obligated and funds obligated);
- Other duties as assigned.
Essential Knowledge and Abilities:
- Business and computer software applications, including Excel and Microsoft Word
- Knowledge of theories, principles and practices of budget and grants administration and finance;
- Budgeting techniques, financial analysis, and cost benefit analysis;
- Project management concepts and skills;
- Communicate effectively orally and in writing;
- Prepare comprehensive reports and correspondence;
- Analyze situations, identify problems, implement solutions and evaluate outcome;
- Determine strategies to achieve goals.
Education and/or Experience:
- Two years of experience performing basic or entry-level budgeting and administrative work
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Public Administration, Economics or Finance
The individual selected for this position must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you are interested in this challenging opportunity, please download the Foothill Transit application, and send application, and resume to:
Foothill Transit, 100 S. Vincent Ave., #200, West Covina, CA 91790
This position is open until filled. Please submit your resume promptly for full consideration. EOE. M/F/V/D
Job Status: Non-Exempt
Salary Range: Grade 4 $41,000 – 68,000 *
*Foothill Transit reserves the right to make a salary offer at any value within the range; however, most offers will be in the first 50% of the overall range.