Assistant Administrative AnalystPosted June 15th, 2017
The Assistant Administrative Analyst is responsible for journey-level administrative, procurement, budgetary policy development and analytical support for the Department of Policy and Strategic Sourcing.
Foothill Transit, the primary fixed-route transit provider in eastern Los Angeles County, California is seeking a highly qualified individual for the position of Assistant Administrative Analyst. Foothill Transit’s mission is to be the premier public transit provider committed to safety, courtesy, quality, responsiveness, efficiency, and innovation. We are an award-winning bus system with a fleet of over 300 vehicles and ridership exceeding 14 million annually.
This position is responsible for journey-level administrative, procurement, budgetary policy development and analytical support for the Department of Policy and Strategic Sourcing. In addition, this individual will perform a variety of duties supporting all of Foothill Transit’s activities. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Primarily provide administrative and clerical support in the procurement and contract administration areas, but may support budget preparation and administration, policy development, contract monitoring, and other departmental duties
- Conducts data entry supporting the agency’s vendor relationship database, contract management, and general recordkeeping.
- Maintains overall department records, logs and checklists
- Communicates with vendors and other entities
- Reviews and approves invoices
- Catalogs, orders, organizes and disburses reference and technical materials
- Handles confidential or legal documents
- Orders materials, supplies, and equipment
- Other duties as assigned
Essential Knowledge and Abilities:
- Business and computer software applications, including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience with database a plus
- Experience with Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Project a plus
- Detail-oriented and ability to perform highly repetitive work
- Ability to compile and analyze data
- Understand, interpret, and apply laws, rules, regulations, policies, procedures, contracts, and budgets
- Communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Exercise judgment and creativity in making decisions
- Think and act independently
- Associates degree or two years experience performing basic or entry-level budgeting and administrative work
- Bachelor’s Degree Business, Public Administration or other social science or related field is desirable
If you are interested in this challenging opportunity, please download the Foothill Transit application and send application, resume, salary history to:
100 S. Vincent Ave., #200
West Covina, CA 91790
This position is open until filled. Please submit your resume promptly for full consideration. EOE. M/F/V/D
Salary Range: Grade 4, $38,892 – $59,418
*Foothill Transit reserves the right to make a salary offer at any value within the range; however, most offers will be in the first 50% of the overall range.
Foothill Transit is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration, without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally protected status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.